Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ayurvedics

I went to the Indian store yesterday! I bought Dabur amla oil ($2.69), Parachute coconut oil ($2.39), Maya castor oil ($2.69), Dabur vatika oil ($1.99), Swastik shikaki shampoo bar ($1.29).

This stuff is way cheaper than what I saw online- like 70% cheaper. My bill came up to a little over $11, which I thought was great. Sallys was nearby and went in but didn't buy anything (thank God). I almost bought some Nexxus Humectress, but I need to chill with the products for now. I went home, and mixed a pre-poo oil of amla, evoo, coconut and vatika (even though it has coconut). I left it in for a little over an hour, then got in the shower and washed twice with the shikaki bar. I conditioned with KeraCare D&I conditioner, and DC'd with Elasta QP DPR-11. I then rollerset my hair. I didn't do the saran wrap because my hair was very straight when I took the rollers out.

I don't really have an opinion yet. My hair was extremely shiny, but I didn't think it was that much stronger. I still feel like my hair is thinning, so I was again depressed about the amount of hair in my comb and sink. I've only been doing my new regimen for 2 weeks, so like my hair goddess says, I have to be patient and just keep doing it for at least a month before I switch up or make judgement.

No comments: